The Power To Save Money Is In Us All
Saving money, improving your financial life, building wealth. It all starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. So what is your goal? Set up an emergency cash fund? Get out of debt? Make a down payment on a car or home? Sock away money for college or retirement?
Military Saves can help you develop your goals and take action. We provide savings guidance, tools, resources and plenty of motivation. When you take the Military Saves Pledge, you'll receive the following benefits:
- Monthly Military Saves E-newsletter with savings advice from national experts
- Quarterly American Saver newsletter
- This year (2012) you can receive a Free Credit Score from myFICO (courtesy of FINRA Investor Education Foundation - for more information please visit saveandinvest.org)
- Connect with Military Saves on Facebook and Twitter
When it comes to saving money, the sooner you start, the better. It's not an act that's accomplished overnight, but a process that happens gradually and grows over time. Just remember, Start Small, Think Big.
Making ends meet can be a challenge. And in today's tough economy, you may wonder how it's possible to spare anything. But any amount saved - a quarter, a dollar - is progress. Those quarters and dollars add up. As you get into the habit of routinely "paying into your savings" you'll see the money you're setting aside grow.
Guidance for reaching specific goals, money-managing ideas and more. Get started by reading our Five Strategies to Saving>>
- Saving with U.S. Savings Bonds
- Saving with U.S. Savings Bonds and especially at Tax time is a great time to kickstart or grow your savings for the future. Click here to find out more>>
- The Miracle of Compound Interest
- Learn how you can make your savings work as hard as you do. Click here to find out more >>
- Keep Your Savings Safe, Secure and Growing
- Banks, credit unions and even the government offer a variety of financial products that can help you save. Find one that's right for you >>
- The Importance of Credit History and Successful Saving
- Good credit plays an important role in your financial life. Not only is it essential for obvious things like qualifying for a loan or getting a credit card, but also for less obvious things like getting cellular telephone service, renting a car, and perhaps even getting a job. Click here to find out more>>
Cash in those dusty jars of pennies. Pack your lunch instead of buying it at work. There are lots of little things you can do to fund your savings. Just be creative.
Saving for a Car>>
Savings tools, plus articles, links and more.